Friday 25 January 2008

Sad day for Eire

Or is it just for me?

Steve Finnan announced his retirement from
international football on Tuesday.

I knew he would soon hang up his international boots
and I thought I was ready for it, but......I am sad, very sad.
Isn't it too early to retire as he is just 31?
I think he still has a lot to offer his country.
It was revealed that he had said about his frustration
being often played as LB and I fully understand that.
But a new Ireland manager might be wiser to play his players
at their best positions.
Caretaker boss Don Givens says that he hopes
Finn reconsider his decision.
So do I, Finn.
I like Kelly and O'brien and hope they will have their chances
but it's obvious who is still the best RB for the green shirt.

The squad was named to face Brazil in next month's friendly.
Who will play LB now that they lost Finn?
Ian Harte is not included. Kilbane, maybe. Or O'Shea?
Let's wait and see.
Oh, by the way, who will be the next Ireland manager?









50 caps 2 goals

This photo was taken after Finn scored his second(and last?)
international goal against Cyprus
(it was an equaliser in 90th minutes).
He seems like a man who scored an own goal.
Fulhamish, isn't it?

Rafa welcomes his retirement,
so he will play Finn in the FA Cup tie
against Havant & Waterlooville out of gratitude(or won't).
Finn used to play for Welling Utd and he knows how they feel like to play at Anfield...

No comments: